Things you will need
- 8oz elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 8oz block sharp cheddar cheese (shredded and divided)
- Cook pasta according to box
- Melt butter in a large pot on medium low heat. Whisk in flour. Whisk constantly until smooth (about 2 minutes). Gradually add the milk whisking constantly until it gets thick (about 5 minutes). Remove from heat and stir in salt, pepper, ground red pepper, 1 cup cheddar cheese and the macaroni.
- Spoon pasta into a lightly greased baking pan . Top with remaining cheese
- Bake at 400° for 20 minutes. If you want it slightly burned on the top broil it for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving