What is an apple?
An apple is a round fruit that grows from a tree. It belongs to the rose family and it has a red or green thin skin with a crisp flesh.
Why are apples a good source of fiber?
Apple are filled with all sorts of vitamins and minerals. The number one benefit of the daily intake of apples are fiber. Fiber is the number one thing, in my opinion, that promotes a healthy lifestyle. If you want to take full advantage of the fiber in an apple then you must eat the skin of the apple. The reason for this is because the skin contains more than half of the fiber in the entire fruit. Your saliva and stomach acid does not break up and dissolve the skin, all the magic happens in the intestines. The chewed up skin sticks on to your colon until water reaches it and it turns the skin into a mucous-like substance aka Soluble fiber. That substance is the fiber that helps promote bowel movements.
What are some things that apples prevent?
1. Apples help fight Alzheimer's disease. It slows down the aging process of the brain. This study was performed on mice and the study showed that the mice that were on the apple diet did much better in maze tests.
2. Protects against Parkinson's disease. The antioxidants in the apple that promote bowel movements help you fight this disease.
3. Helps prevent cancer. This has to be the most popular benefit of daily intake of apples. The extracts of a whole apple are powerful enough to reduce the size of mammary tumors in rats. Just imagine if you don't have cancer or tumors how much that apple is benefiting your body. We are surrounded by radiation everywhere we go. We are walking ticking cancer bombs if it wasn't for these apples or any other anti cancer foods.
4. Helps ward off Diabetes using the apples soluble fiber.
5. Prevents and reduces cholesterol by binding with the fats that are in the intestines. When your cholesterol is low than that means your arteries are free of plaque. When you have plaque in your arteries then your blood flow slowly diminishes as the plaque grows preventing sufficient blood to reach the heart and brain and other vital organs. When this happens then you are at risk for heart disease and any other brain related disease as mentioned above.
6. Prevents heart disease. By having the high cholesterol, blood and oxygen are not reaching your vital organs. Now you are prone to heart attacks and any other heart problems. You are also at risk for strokes and/or other brain disease.
7. prevent cataracts
Boost immune system
Detoxify the liver the natural way
Control your weight
Prevent teeth decay
Promotes healthy oral hygiene
It is crucial that with any high fiber diet that you drink PLENTY OF WATER!! If you ignore this fact then you will get constipated and if you suffer from Hemorrhoids you are traveling down the road of a very painful and uncomfortable situation. It is recommended that you drink 8 glasses of 16oz water every day. That is a total if 128 oz a day.
All of my information came from stuff i already knew but mainly from this website
and also here
Picture was taken from